Echoes of Failure

Jerking awake,
Your words echoing in my mind..
“You’re too much...I can’t do this anymore”
Words I never thought to be directed my way,
After a lifetime of the opposite. 
My body shaking with silent tears
As the remnants of the dream’s emotions ravage my mind. 
Knowing it was only a dream but,
A very real fear.
You have created something in me
I am unable to control...
If I cannot reign it in to stop it from overwhelming me,
How can I ever hope to protect you from being overrun?
The constant need for physical touch and emotional reassurance...
You may soon weary of being its sole subject of focus. 
Quietly reflecting on the results...
Knowing it will have no choice
But to turn inward and slowly destroy me. 
Undecided which is more tragic...

To never be enough or always be too much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chastised

Idle Comfort

Fateful Heart