Isolation

My body is chilled without your heat,
Skin crawling with the loneliness I feel.
Aching to feel you wrap yourself around me.
Unable to stand the presence of anyone who isn’t you...
Hiding myself away in my bed..
Huddled in a lonely ball under the sheet.
Needing the feel of your chest beneath my cheek
Your soft kiss on my forehead...
Telling me I’m safe.
Feeling so frighteningly vulnerable
When we are apart.
The shield of your arms not here
To protect me from what hurts...
To quiet my mind.
Your store-bought scent covering my body but, 
It isn’t the same without your natural scent behind it.
Burying my face in the pillow
And letting the tears silently fall
As I long to just sleep...

Waking only when I can hold you again in my arms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chastised

Idle Comfort

Fateful Heart