Solitary

I hold memories of your touch
covetously within my mind.
Do they enslave your thoughts
as they do mine?
Wishing fervently for 
your kisses upon my lips;
the sound of your cries 
within my ears...
Are these things
consuming your mind?
I've a feeling of being alone
in this craving...
Once again harboring emotion
not befitting the rules.
My fondest dream
you have always been...
destined to never be mine.
Cherishing every brush of skin,
every beautiful smile...
stored within my heart
for when you tire of me.
Every sweet word saved,
inside my mind,
for the darker times ahead.
My soul leaves 
with your step,
heartbeat ceasing
with your disinterest.
I watch with lingering emptiness
as you step upon the walls
constructed by me...
leaving me stunned and breathless.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chastised

Idle Comfort

Fateful Heart