Echo

The silence echoes in my emptiness, 
No more will I hear the sound that so brightened my day.
I always knew nothing could flourish near me,
Except the ghosts of my dreams. 
They frolic gleefully through the 
broken, silent chambers of my heart.
No roses will ever bloom in this barren garden, 
Every tender petal that dares try,      
is choked by the briars of life.
Every unfortunate thing that falls within my touch,
Destined, from then onward, to eventually crumble to dust. 
I had hoped, just once, that something I touched would remain untainted.
The cold isolation filling my chest filters out to permeate my skin.
I'm really not quite sure if 
I will ever truly feel warm again.
How is it possible to breath with this gaping chasm in my chest?
Wrapping my arms tightly around me,
Vainly trying to squeeze all of my broken pieces inside of me again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chastised

Fateful Heart

Idle Comfort