Mér allt

The feel of your presence 
Slides along my skin,
Like a well-loved quilt
Enveloping me in comfort.
The smoke-blue of your eyes
Hold every dream I have ever wished for, 
And some I've yet to even fathom. 
Your laughter leaving me willing
To empty a library of books,
So that I might hear it's beloved sound
Echoing around me.
Your smile enough to make me
Forever rest my pen, 
So that I might have more time
To be beguiled by it.
Your kiss like the cusp
Of a thunderstorm,
An intoxicating mix of
Ferocity and serenity,
Which, unfailingly, 
Ensnares me.
Your words like a novel 
I am unable to put down,
Each page drawing me 
Ever deeper than the last.
The strength of your body
Like a Celt warrior of old,
I would gladly bow to my fate,
If chosen to be yours.
The interlacing of our bodies,
A symphony.
Limbs bowing and resting
To the sounds of alto and bass,
Until peaking upon a magnificent crescendo.
Arms banding around me,
Holding me close.
A moment's sudden realization...

You are my home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chastised

Idle Comfort

Fateful Heart