Musings of a Lonely Soulmate

As if feeling my loneliness tonight,
Your soul burrows in next to mine. 
I wonder if it senses my craving for your presence or,
If I unconsciously pull it to me 
with the tether that binds us.
Do you feel it leave, as I do mine,
When it traipses off to sit by your side? 
I am comforted by the feeling 
Of warmth that surrounds me,
When your soul is here.
Those are the nights I know that 
 no shadows will enter my dreams.
Snuggling your shirt more closely around me, 
I softly run my fingers across the fabric,
 wishing softly it was your skin.
I lie here idly wondering if my warmth transfers to you through our connection,
If our tether comforts you as it often does me.
It has been my lifeline on nights 
I wanted nothing more than 
to cradle you close to me until you fell asleep. 
Whispering "I love you" in my mind and hoping it will reach across the miles, 

I close my eyes, pull your soul closer,
 and wish for sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chastised

Idle Comfort

Fateful Heart