Longing

The soft warmth of your soul 
Brushes mine
As if knowing I have curled up in my bed,
The time my heart misses you the absolute most.
I feel your heat, like a tangible entity,
My body temperature physically increasing
as your soul curls around my lonely form. 
My soul shifts restlessly in my chest,
Needing to clasp you and 
Hold you close, 
to keep you safely protected in my arms. 
My mind sensing the same loneliness in you through our tether...
Leaving me contemplating how to physically pull your soul closer...
To ease our loneliness. 
Softly running my hand over the sheet,
Where I feel, with all my heart,
The indentation of your soul would be,
I try vainly to wish you next to me, 
My eyes misting as I think of how much I miss your heartbeat. 
Wrapping your shirt tightly around me,
I softly whisper "My heart is always yours" 
And, closing my eyes,
Picture your gorgeous face in my mind 

Until I drift into a restless sleep. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chastised

Idle Comfort

Fateful Heart