Safe Haven

It's disarming how the 
Absence of your presence,
Alters the very atmosphere 
Of the world around me.
The vivacity of the colors
Seem quiet and subdued,
As though they know
My personal sunshine is away.
The smell of the air, zestless,
Without the rich notes of your scent permeating it.
Nature's sounds are muted and hollow, 
Because the rhythm of your heartbeat
Gives them their beauty.
The words around me
Mean nothing because, 
without you near, 
Nothing makes sense.
Every brush of my skin against something,
Causing me to shy away.
The only thing my body can stand now,
Is your touch.
My soul restlessly pacing,
Trying vainly to watch over you
Through our tether, 
Needing you safely close again.
My thoughts run overwhelmingly rampant
Through my mind,
Only quieting when you are here...
You are my calm...
Your arms, my safe haven...
My face pressed against your heart...

Is Home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chastised

Idle Comfort

Fateful Heart