My Destiny

I miss you today so much it aches...
Longing desperately for your arms
And the future we have before us. 
Waiting to spend my life gazing into the eyes of
The person whom I was designed for...
My other half, my soulmate.
Waking every morning to
the sound of your heartbeat beneath my ear
And your soft gusts of breath
drifting across my bare skin.
Kissing you awake for the rest of eternity,
Seeing that smile you only have for me as you drift awake from your dreams to join me for the day. 
Holding you close over coffee and 
spending evenings listening to your brilliant mind. 
Being your solace, your safe haven, 
when your shoulders have borne too much. 
Finishing each star-lit night
loving you to exhaustion and

Listening to your sighs of relaxation 
upon my chest as you drift peacefully 
back to your dreams. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of the Other

Left

Idle Comfort