Vigil

I am constantly awed by the 
boundless depth of love my soul carries within itself,
for you.
Do you realize my soul never leaves your side?
At night, it would wander away and sleep next to its love...
I now find it missing 
in the sunlit hours of day...
Sitting quietly upon the floor by your side,
Watching every nuance of you 
with unadulterated adoration. 
Being unable to bear the separation from you,
Even if only a few feet.
I pull it back to me, 
Admonishing quietly 
that you must have time to yourself without a rapt audience.
The sadness of being apart from my mate 
permeates me as I pull it back within me...
The feeling so desolate that
My eyes mist in response.
I quietly let go of the bonds, 
Releasing my soul to the only home it has ever known. 
Happily, it tucks itself back in,
Next to your feet, 
Continuing its vigil of love. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chastised

Idle Comfort

Fateful Heart