Anchor

Every time my gaze rests upon your face,
I am met with emotions more beautiful than every sunrise 
My eyes have viewed, combined.
My body surviving not on air 
But on the scent of your skin,
Subconsciously breathing deeply when you are near
To sustain itself.
A chaotic mind humming with excitement at your thoughts but,
Humbled by your ability to quiet it...
Viewing you with such reverence.
The quiet, frightened little girl inside of me,
Embraced by your warm strength...
For the first time ever, experiencing the feeling of safety.
An imperfect body nurtured by your touch and desire
Back to confidence.
A scarred and battered soul, 
Tethered to a loving home...
Slowly restoring it to a version of its former glory..

Rekindling the light of hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chastised

Idle Comfort

Fateful Heart