Enough

Sitting quietly in the cold
Of a blustery day. 
The wind unable to chill my body 
Any further than my train of thought already has.
Wondering numbly what my 
Future holds.
My heart has reached to the heavens...
Choosing to love an angel that
I’ve no hope of ever deserving.
Nothing to do but wait silently 
To see if this miracle could possibly come true.
Remembering with quiet acceptance 
The disappointment I’ve been to those around me...
Never quite enough.
Feeling the moisture drip onto my hand,
I resolutely wipe the tears from my skin. 
If he walked away, a person couldn’t blame him and,
I could never in good conscience 
Ask him to choose me...
With the knowledge that, 
Given a choice,

I wouldn’t choose me either. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chastised

Idle Comfort

Fateful Heart